The Gauteng City Region Observatory’s research publication entitled ‘Green Infrastructure in the City Region’ provides an introduction to the concept and value of green infrastructure. The project adopts a range of methods and ways of presenting the research, ensuring that it is accessible to a wide audience.
- A fundamental space-making performance and rejuvenation research project to instigate better policy-making positions.
- The costing model used for green infrastructure could serve as a vital decision-making tool for municipalities and related stakeholders.
- Championing the collaboration of various institutions and local municipalities through research.
- The idea of green infrastructure and the massive cost savings is really a shift in the way we think of infrastructure development — a world beyond steel and concrete.\
- This is a real practical and empirical example of going green. A serious paradigm shift.
- Setting out parameters and possibilities for local contexts.
- Dealing with real technical and environmental issues in a resilient manner.